Saturday, March 16, 2019

BLEEDING


It was, by any means,
Far from the deepest of dreams.
There were no complexities,
No patterns, no layers.
It was quite threadbare -
Not at all a nightmare of sorts.
It did not leave me
Thinking sickening thoughts,
But I was bleeding
And no-one helped me.

There was a recurrent motif -
A familiar hoax from a false past
That could never ever exist:
Inadequate weeks before exams
And I was unprepared,
With so many school texts
Requiring reading.
But there was a new twist:
I was bleeding
And no-one helped me.

The rest of the class
Seemed happy,
Chatting in another language
That I barely understood.
For them, it was all good.
They could see me,
But my ailment’s birth
Was of neither interest nor worth;
Yet I was bleeding
And no-one helped me.

I woke to dark solitude’s night,
Which spelled no fear for me.
It is the bleary eyes of daylight,
In these eerie times,
That frighten me most of all.
Then I wondered in rhymes:
What had induced my delusion?
Perhaps, in some way, somehow,
I was bleeding
And no-one helped me.


No comments: