"We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time." (T S Eliot)
"A dark and chanted verse is what I am." (
Forough Farrokhzad)

Friday, May 13, 2016

SLAPSTICK CHAINSAW

How can I beat the black dog that hounds me?
I live in a world where there is no trust -
A place of unhindered malignancy -
Where lies prevail and truth is left to rust.
I never sought a harbourside mansion.
I invested all I earned in learning.
But now no one comes near to read my words,
And I attract only sneers and spurning.
At the crucial junction I was robbed blind,
And then thrashed raw by leeches of the law,
Who live in glass houses with stolen gold -
Slow torture then massacre by chainsaw.
The postmodern preachers rave about hope -
Slapstick for prey at the end of their rope.


No comments: