"We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time." (T S Eliot)
"A dark and chanted verse is what I am." (
Forough Farrokhzad)

Thursday, February 25, 2016

BARRISTER

The deformed tail of an inbred monkey. 
That's all I could think of when I saw him
Drag his black robes across the beige carpet
To play his part - a lawyer's synonym.
Nothing he did could make me warm to him,
But what he said filled me with righteous hate.
I'd have killed him had I been justly armed,
But I was in the dock, chained to its gate.
He spouted words like spears of poisoned spit
That ripped my face open and pierced my eyes,
But I saw just enough to know how small
He was, tiny, stunted, life in disguise.
As if truth could be seen by such as him -
Blind long before his venal eyes blinked dim.


No comments: